I live in the South YEAH RIGHT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I now live south of the Mason Dixon line... in the South according to my wife and her family... I am originally from NY. A yankee by their standards...
This is what I found outside my house today.... I LEFT NY FOR THIS !!!!
Backyard pictured of the corn field behind the house.

20051216141839_Ice2.jpg

2005121614191_Ice3.jpg

20051216145551_Ice5.jpg

My daugthers swing set... she still wants to play with it today
20051216141950_Ice1.jpg

My truck in the driveway... I need to melt the doors to get it open
20051216142047_Ice4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

Hey, that looks like Memphis did last Christmas!!! Only we had rain, then ice, then snow, the more ice, then more rain. Yeah, I didn't move far enough south, since I'm from MN. [:)]

Ryan (who's praying for a White Christmas in Memphis, TN [:0])

JimGo

Tom, I'm farther south than you, and it was almost as bad here this morning! SERIOUS accidents all over the place today because of all the ice, including one that shut down 495 for several hours early in the morning commute; many of our people still aren't in work because of it.

tipusnr

I had to rap the door to my pickup this morning to break the film of ice coating it enough to get it open. Of course I'm in Ohio so shouldn't be surprised...still punching out your truck to get to work in the morning isn't exactly normal behavior!!

PenWorks

I bet I could hit a 1,000 yard drive on that ice [:D] Just no GREEN to get to [:p]

I remember being a kid in Michagan, use to love playin in that stuff. But some of us grow wiser as we grow older, and get out of Dodge.

Thumbs

I'm north of the Mason-Dixon line but ice isn't much fun anywhere unless you learn how to skate and can keep it in the rink!!!

Scott

Hi Tom!

I live in Idaho, and it's nice and sunny and bright here!

Of course, it's also only 10 degrees! [8D]

Scott.

mick

Speaking as one who lives in Alabama, a state that can have weather from 3 of the 4 seasons at anytime of the year,....Dayum that looks COLD!!!![:D][:D][:D]

woodwish

Started off warm and muggy yesterday morning, followed by a squall line with 3 tornadoes and hard rain with high winds, and then blue skies and cold (for us anyway) a few minutes later. Went from short sleeves to rainsuit to heavy coat in about 30 minutes. Just for comparison, we had some light frost on the windshields this morning and I actually had to turn on the heat in my truck (once I remembered how to do it).

TomServo

Hehe.. that's barely a light dusting, Griz! I lived in Grand Lake, CO for a few years - a couple miles from the whole Donner party massacre.. we actually got 8 feet in two days one year... the roads were closed a couple hours. :) I'm livin in north dakota now, I think it's like -7F outside with the wind chill.. every day I go to work, there's hard ice on my windshield, and you gotta let the car warm up... I can plug it in at work, at least, which helps. People here see a couple inches of snow and a little ice and stay home... I remember driving to work every night in colorado, I'd go 65 regardless of how much snow there was, unless I couldn't see.. and we're talking mountain roads, hills, etc.. here they think knee deep is a lot of snow :) I remember falling into drifts and having to swim out.. You guys have it easy down there :) but it's way too hot!

woodwish

Actually Tom, what I forgot to say is that the pictures are beautiful! Looks like gorgous scenery you have. Although I am glad you just sent the pictures instead of the weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom