Jr. Gent Help..Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

I am working on Jr. Gent tubes now and am beyond frustrated!!!:crying: Is the larger tube tapered at one end? Using the bushings on the tubes I cant figure out what is the problem except its tapered.

I havent tried the small tube, A little scared to now:eek::eek:. I have a feeling this pen is going to be a mystery to me.

I would like to THANK you know who for sending me these TUBES and BUSHINGS!! and for the WONDERFUL challenge(put a bullet in my head please).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

Toni,
the large DIAMETER tube is the same on each end.This is the shorter tube.

The other longer tube, of smaller diameter, is tapered, and uses a different size bushing
for each end.
The finial and centerband coupler are different sizes, thus the difference.:)

Relax, and give it a go..it makes a nice pen!

OKLAHOMAN

PM sent!!!! The derlin bushings I sent that fit into the longer slimmer tube are slightly different diameters.

Toni

Wish I had known 2 hours ago!! LOL I could not figure out what was wrong!!

Finial and Centerband coupler, holly crap bat man what are you talking about??

sigh I dont think I am cut out for this, cant relax until I have Gotten this puppy finished!!

hugs

johnnycnc

Wish I had known 2 hours ago!! LOL I could not figure out what was wrong!!

Finial and Centerband coupler, holly crap bat man what are you talking about??

sigh I dont think I am cut out for this, cant relax until I have Gotten this puppy finished!!

hugs

Finial is the part at back or bottom end of pen.
centerband (or nib) coupler is the part in your hand when you write.

both on the longer slimmer tube for this kit, batgirl!:biggrin:

Just match the parts sizes to the bushing sizes, that will guide you through most any kit.

Toni

I understand now, wish I had known about it hours earlier, couldnt figure out what was the problem..LOL Thank you Batman, Gary and my abuser..LOL

Lenny you send me to a link with a picture what good is that going to do for me?? I havent even gotten past covering the tubes and now you want to confuse me with how to put the pen together, there is only so much information this Jersey girl can handle in one day...LOL hugs

Kaspar

I wondered if any kit with a tapered or rounded pen barrel would be problematic for you given your description of how you do this.

One solution is to make the tapered barrel straight, and just bevel the end down to the finial bushing. But you'd need a lathe for that ... :biggrin:

Toni

It wouldnt have been THIS MAJOR OF A PROBLEM had I known they it tapered. You and I only discussed Streamlines tapering. BUT I WILL MAKE THIS WORK!! You shall see (gets on hands and knees and begs to the pen gods)

It WILL be tapered!! Trust me I AM THAT GOOD!! gulp gulp

Toni

LOl Gary, No I was going to go attack the small tube right now, I noticed there isnt alot of space inbetween the bushings...should be very interesting for sure.

Kaspar

The bushings won't help you get the barrel thickness diameter perfect on a tapered barrel, will they? At least at the smaller bushing end?

1_Tapered_barrel_bushing_problem.jpg

You'll have to eyeball it, won't you?

PenMan1

Jersey Girl? In New Zealand? Holy smoking globes Batman! Toni doesn't need pen kit istructions, SHE NEEDS A MAP:) That's really lost!

PenMan1

She needs a search and rescue team to liberate her from "the sticks."

I wonder if she turned right or left in the Holland Tunnel to get to New Zealand?
Oh well, it doesn't matter! I gots a buddy with a boat, a full gas tank and a 12 pack. We'll go help the sista out!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Toni

Just use a lathe like the rest of us Toni!!!

Dont have a lathe:frown:

Jersey Girl? In New Zealand? Holy smoking globes Batman! Toni doesn't need pen kit istructions, SHE NEEDS A MAP:) That's really lost!

Got the map, just need to the job to get home. damn economy!!

She needs a search and rescue team to liberate her from "the sticks."

I have to agree with that one, almost 3 years down here and I was done when the plane landed.

I wonder if she turned right or left in the Holland Tunnel to get to New Zealand?
Oh well, it doesn't matter! I gots a buddy with a boat, a full gas tank and a 12 pack. We'll go help the sista out!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually it was the wrong terminal at Newark:frown:

You guys are funny!! Wait till you see the Jr. Gent!!

Top Bottom