Jazzed up my cart some more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Here's some pics of my slow on-going little welding/fabrication lunchtime projects I've been doing the last few months to make my rolling lathe cart more organized and easier to clean up.

I made a frame to mount roller slides that hold a drawer for the measuring tools and sandpaper for the faceplate trimmer,plus odds & ends.

Next to it is a holder for the drill chuck,below that are 2 holders for bottles.One is the Goo-Gone to clean the sticly paper left from the sandpaper,the bottom one is for the Plastix.

To the right of that is the boxed sandpaper holder,and I made the quiver that holds the pre-taped paper towel ca applicators,ready at hand.

On the left,I made a holder to fit the transfer punches,and faceplate barrel trimmer,and the collet chuck.Having these all up front is really nice.Before I had them on the back,and got tired reaching over.

On the back I made a square tubed holder that the Wolvering platform fits in,since I use the mini-platform mostly.

I made all the connections for the vac tubes quicj disconnect so I can just wheel the separater up to it,and 5 seconds I'm ready to go.

Thanks for lookin.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4592.JPG
    IMG_4592.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4593.JPG
    IMG_4593.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4596.jpg
    IMG_4596.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4601.JPG
    IMG_4601.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_4606.jpg
    IMG_4606.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4591.JPG
    IMG_4591.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMayoIII

Awesome, just awesome. Is that your normal setup or is that for doing demos at a show? One things for sure, you don't need a shop if you're equipped with a roll cart!

ossaguy

Awesome, just awesome. Is that your normal setup or is that for doing demos at a show? One things for sure, you don't need a shop if you're equipped with a roll cart!

Thanks,guys. No,I'm the guy who turns in the parking lot so I need it to roll outside about 6 feet is all.Then I roll out the cart with the drill press/bandsaw,then slip the separaterhoses.Put the bag on,plug it in and go to work.

I only have like 20 minutes a day during the week,so I need it to be set up & put away really quickly.I got it down to about 3 minutes.Works good.

Thanks,
Steve

B Wo

That is a thing of beauty! Very, very cool! Thanks for sharing the pics. Space is a valuable commodity for me, and this is an inspiration.

Dick Mahany

Super job!

You've obviously given that a lot of thought and it look like a fun and rewarding project. I really like how the whole thing is on wheels for mobility. Cool project and I think your pics will be inspirational to many.

Just one comment. I souped up a Kennedy machinist chest with a lot of extras and found that the casters were the weak point. It took me longer to dismantle everything to make a 6 caster arrangement than it took to upgrade the casters. I am embarrassed at how I know this.

Last edited:

ossaguy

Thanks guys for the kind words,

It's not heavy enough to cause problems with the casters. ( I think it's rated at 400 lbs.) I did a lot of strengthening to the basic cart,which in it's stock form feels pretty flimsey.If it had to be pushed up a grade or moved around a lot,I don't think would hold up.but for 6 feet out,then back in it works good.These casters all swivel so movin it in & out is easy.I needed these carts because they are the narrowest I could find. ( I think only 15-16 inches ) as my unit is ony a 5x8 inside.

I've got it balanced out pretty good.On the far right I have two weights from a riding mower ( I think 40-50 lbs) standing up,to offset the grinder.I put 2 chalks on the wheels,& the other 2 have brakes so it doesn"t wobble.It's really stable.

The vac on the bottom is mounted on 5 chainsaw handle anti-vibe mounts so you can't feel any vibes on the cart when it's going.It's pretty quiet,too.I take the bag off of it and put the grungy hood & hose on when doing the ca finish.There is always a breeze or wind there since it's between two buildings so I have that on my back blowing the ca fumes away,besides the vac pulling it away.That works really good.

I'm just glad they let me work there.There's hardly anyone around ever,and the concrete pad is a deadend so I'm the only one to use it.I sure like it there.I use it like a country club!

Thanks again,
Steve

Top Bottom