Jali inspired plate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Poplar Plate inspired by the Mughal Dynasty Jali that I saw in India at the Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri and the Wind Palace. Pierced and airbrushed with waterborne lacquer finish. Around 8" (20 cm) across

Attachments

• Poplar Jali Plate 01.jpg
    Poplar Jali Plate 01.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

As several folks told me the stand was annoying, so here it is with a less obtrusive stand

Yes, the stand was not allowing the blue to come out and getting in the way of the design so, good choice in doing it this way.

Apart from being beautiful work, the most interesting thing is the amount of time required to Dremel the whole thing in such faction, the thin blue edges are most effective and certainly a lot of work, congrats...!

Cheers
George

seamus7227

THAT IS PROBABLY THE BADEST(meaning super cool!) LOOKIN' PIERCING I HAVE EVER SEEN! OMG!!!! FABULOUS PIECE OF WORK, AND VERY WELL EXECUTED!

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone, this was a lot of fun to make. Some of the piercing was done at a public demo at the Fuller Craft Museum then finished off a bit at a time over the next couple months as time permitted.

ericofpendom

Fantastic!! Well done Eric. I have a piece that I have been working on for ages that I have yet to finish piercing, I can only do about 20 minutes at a time as it is so intense trying not to run into the next hole. I will post pictures if I ever finish it.

Eric...

Top Bottom