Its fun to see your work IN someone...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

btboone

I would suggest adding a pocket watch insert to the earlobe piece. That way he can see if he's running late while shaving. OK, maybe not shaving in this case, but brushing his teeth.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I wonder if you could hollow out the inside and make it more like a ring effect. Do you think it would stay in the ear? I have some ideas but not sure of the market in this area.

HSTurning

Yes you could hollow it out. Just need to make sure the material could support itself. There is a decent market for this item you just have to be in the right circles. I know a few tattoo / piercing shop owners. I think that I could make a few and put then in their cases. I would think putting them in a case you would get custom orders from people that use them. Making a good range of sizes you would be able to sell a few but everyone has a different size. A couple of the pendant rods the Exotics has would look real nice in the 3/4" to 1" sizes.

Darrin

Yes, you need to know trustworthy shops with a good customer base and ones that are reguarded superior in piercing and tattoos. Thats the only shops I deal with because I dont want my product just in any shop. If you want to make plugs go for it, just please,please, PLEASE be sure to do extensive research on the woods you use, not just their common names but the latin names ie: dalbergia retusa. Also know which woods contain what quinones. Its worth it to yourself and your consumer so you dont give them a reaction to a certain oil from a species of wood. Im also glad to see so many open minded individuals in this forum. I do have to comment to those of you that called this a 'fad'. This has been done for longer than america has even been a country if you want it put into perspective. Its only surfaced in the western world in the last 20 years but has been done for hundreds of years in Asia,India,New Zeland,Borneo,Africa, Burma,.... the list goes on and on. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Top Bottom