Is it Just Me....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Oh has conversation almost died here? It seems that everytime I come on all I see are introductions and SYOP threads. I check them over but most of them are not conversation starters for me. There is seldom an interesting topic in this forum and most of what's going on in others is "technical" and/or "how to" stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airborne_r6

Weather's warmer too. I have seen with a lot of forums that the activity picks up in the colder months and slows down in the warmer months. I am assuming people are stuck inside who would otherwise be out doing something so they spend more time on the computer.

I like your use of the word conversation. A few years ago I was strong armed into (my Mother told me to) starting a facebook account. I noticed that on facebook there is a lot of people talking and very few listening. I closed the account and when I want to talk to family I just call or email them pictures. When you look at the long threads in SOYP you do see that they are not a bunch of comments but a conversation with questions and answers.
Even with the more technical questions a good exchange of ideas is good and "check the library" is a conversation killer. After all what we do is art and just because there is a library article that doesn't mean that is the only way to do it. The collaborative pen challenge is a good example that conversations make for better ideas than working alone. As for casual conversations, as long as cooler heads prevail they can be good. I think they work better when one reads the whole thread before commenting.

jttheclockman

Oh has conversation almost died here? It seems that everytime I come on all I see are introductions and SYOP threads. I check them over but most of them are not conversation starters for me. There is seldom an interesting topic in this forum and most of what's going on in others is "technical" and/or "how to" stuff.

Whats on your mind??? What do you want to talk about??? Anything except what makes one pen kit better than another:biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Quality !! Let's chat about quality!!:biggrin:

Now there's an interesting subject that doesn't get much air time here!!!:rolleyes:

Just taking the mick Leroy, :biggrin:
But shouldn't you be going out with the missus tonight??

You are allowed to START a conversation though. :wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Why would you think I wasn't out with the missus tonight? I started this thread this afternoon wilst resting up for the evening.

JustmeinMS

Wow! Smitty must be getting on up in years if he has to rest up during the day to have enough energy to entertain a date night with his wife on their anniversary. :biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm, it is obvious that most of you don't understand what "resting up" is. While resting up, I vacuumed my workshop, took our two dogs for an hour and 5 minute walk, put the finishing touches on a bird feeder we needed to replace one wrecked by one of our nor'easters this winter and repaired the fence rail that had gotten a bit of rot where the feeder sits on it.

I just did things I wanted to do instead of things I "have" to do.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Gee Leroy, I don't think it's us that misunderstand the meaning of 'resting up'!!!. :eek::biggrin:
You've just completed 51 years of 'training' that now makes you think like that. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom