Ipe slimline -- with grooves, no CB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wicook

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicook

I bought a block of Ipe a while back and decided to try it with an angle cut to see if it would show better chatoyance than it does when cut with the grain. The answer is: And how! It comes to life quite nicely. It's still hard as rocks and touchy, but I'll be cutting the rest of it this way from now on.

200541844017_Chubby%20Slimline%20Ipe%201b%20600.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

When I read the subject line I almost didn't look as I'm not a fan of chubby pens. Glad I looked, however, as your pen handles the weight really well. I would have said "robust" rather than "chubby" - but that's me.

Thanks for sharing a great looking pen.

wicook

Thanks, everyone. Yes, Lou, I think the block definitely has a cigar or two in its future. I find Ipe to be very hard, somewhat brittle, and really hard on chisels. It's kinda funny watching the greenish wood peel off as it turns...

ryannmphs

very nice, great job on making the pen with no CB. I have bunch of IPE, too bad it's all cut with the grain. Not much I could do though, the wood is from a flooring store sample display that was being tossed out. I got some IPE, Tigerwood, Australian Cypress, Purple Heard, Santos Mohogany, and much, much more.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom