Interfine & Interference Micas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

Last fall before it got cold, I bought a bunch of coastal scent samplers. NOw that it is starting to warm up, its time to plan a casting session!!

I bought an interfine and an interference powder. Specifically, Interfine Pearl Green Mica and Paradise Gold Fortune Interference.

In the bag, these dont like much - just a kinda off-white. I bought these to experiment, but I font have much. Does anyone have any tips for getting cool effects using these? Anyone know if they even work very well in Resin?

Thanks

workinforwood

Looks are deceiving. Just because they might look white, doesn't mean they are. I have used them and they are pretty cool..I believe those interference types are like 2 colors in one, so you get a slight bit of color shifting going on, not a major color change, but like if you have red and it shift to an almost pink color depending how you look at it. You know you can mix both those powders together and the green will have gold tones in it.

My experience with the interference colors is that they don't actually dye the resin the color mentioned on the label (interference red won't turn out red, for instance). Rather, they create a 'pearl white' finished product that subtly reflects the desired color.... Kind of like Mother of Pearl'.

Top Bottom