Ice Cream Scoop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bkc

bkc

Yeah, I haven't quite finished it. Looking for input on the handle shape. I need to take off the mounting chunk on the end and get it sanded.
Any suggestions on the handle shape? The ugly all metal scoop by the turned handle one is just for comparison.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Part off the mounting pc. you are chucking on and I think it would look just like it is. Maybe make the end more ball shape for grip. Looks good, nice work. What kind of wood?

bkc

Thanks CaptG. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. I got it in a 'get a box free' selection. Smelled like cinnamon when turning it.

jskeen

From my experience scooping hard icecream, the large collar at the front is very usefull, but the one at the back would tend to be in the way and not allow you to vary your grip. I would consider slimming down the back some. Other than that, it looks great.

bkc

Hadn't thought about the end of the handle getting in the way.... I'll trim it down some. I'm not a big ice cream eater.

VisExp

I agree with jskeen. Scooping ice cream is all in the wrist :) A scoop as nice as that will only make the Ben & Jerry's taste better!

Top Bottom