I think I scored?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dansills

Been surfing Craigslist to upgrade to a floor standing band saw and drill press for quite some time. Wanted a decent size and excellent quality without breaking my bank account. I came across these atoll he owner told me they had been in storage for years as they were is f-in-laws. He went so far as to say the bandsaw looked like it had never been used. So after debating I left work early today and drove the couple hours to take a look. What I found in that storage unit were 4 total tools that had light surface rusting but all looked new! The table saw may be the exception but even it appears to have very little if any use. To make a long story short, I now own a new (to me) Jet 6" jointer, a 14" Jet bandsaw, 17" Jet drill press and a Jet table saw. Oh! I almost forgot the bonus, everything except the table saw is already on Jet mobile bases!!

Ok, so the real kicker....... I'm under a grand out the door for the entire lot. Even after wrestling them in the bed of the truck and hiring a cople of hands off of CL to help me unload it, I think I scored?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-974126707.jpg
    image-974126707.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 245
  • image-704019847.jpg
    image-704019847.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 233
  • image-1569350237.jpg
    image-1569350237.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 234
  • image-745650989.jpg
    image-745650989.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 210
  • image-3423265641.jpg
    image-3423265641.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dansills

Actually, I have spent 30 minutes every night on Craigslist since thanksgiving searching different cities, states and keywords. I dont even want to count how many emails i sent, most with no response or SOLD was the reply. Guy just responded to my mail while I was at work. Patience does pay off

The Penguin

Your gain seems to be someones loss?
Just makes you think? Maybe /

:confused: - are you saying I should feel guilty for paying what someone was asking?
I wouldn't. I also wouldn't feel guilty for offering a lower price either...make it sound good...

"hey, since I'm buying everything and you won't have to deal with multiple trips over here to show the stuff...how about knocking $100 off?"

chugbug

Hi Dan,

Great Find-- why can't I ever find stuff like that!!!

The Jet table saw looks exactly like mine (less the rusted top of course!). I've had mine for close to 20 years and it works well. Since it's only 120 volt, it's a little underpowered, if you try to cut toward the upper height limit of the blade (I just use the band saw for thick stuff), but I found that a th kerf blade helps a lot.

The ONLY issue I've had with miine is that the blade height gear (the long threaded shaft or whatever it's called) will build up with sawdust then clog the nut that it rides through when adjusting the blade height. If that happens it will bind up and you can't crank the handle to raise the blade. If you try to raise the blade and you encounter any resitance, then it's clogged and needs cleaned out and lubricated. When clean, it raises VERY easily. I use one of those dry lub products to coat the threaded shafts. It's a pain in the butt, because to access the area where it clogs, you have to flip it over.

Good luck with your new find-- I hope they all work great for you!

Cordially...JEB

JEB's PENs
www.jebspens.com

Top Bottom