I received a package today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
People asked for photos of the stuff from my daughter, and I posted a photo of some pen kits I got, but only one person commented out of 203?
Are these unworthy pen kits? Maybe it's the photo?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice gift you got there.

Nothing at all wrong with the kits - I just wasn't sure about the context of the post.
I suspect that may be the reason for so few comments.

It certainly is nice when your family supports your hobbies. Be sure to post a photo of the pen you make for your daughter.

lyonsacc

People asked for photos of the stuff from my daughter, and I posted a photo of some pen kits I got, but only one person commented out of 203?
Are these unworthy pen kits? Maybe it's the photo?

Looks like a pile of pen kits. Can't tell what they are from the pic. There is no reference to your daughter, so most of us are clueless about why these would be more significant than any other pile of pen kits.

Also, "likes" and comments in the IAP can be really arbitrary. You can post an excellent pic of your "bestest ever" pen and get hardly any response. Then you can post a pic of a pen you think is pretty darn ordinary and get lots of comments.

Don't take it personally, just they way things happen. And have fun making those pens!

Sappheiros

I think Ed is right about the confusion. A new post can be good and bad for getting readers in.

But anyways, getting packages is always exciting! Can't wait to see what you turn out! :)

Terredax

Banned
I apologize for the confusion. After looking at my post, I can understand.
I should have added more information, but I was in a hurry to get to an appointment and assumed at least the people that asked for photos would get the reference.

I will keep this in mind for the future. I knew what was going on, but people can't read my mind over the internet.
:redface:

Kragax

It is an excellent gift, one I wouldn't mind receiving myself. Goo for you. Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
I never intended for my daughter to buy anything. I was just circling things I would eventually like to get in various catalogs and I printed out some other items. I did this so I could remember what I was going to need for which kit and some tools and accessories to go along with the kits. I seem to forget things easily without some hands on, especially with something new.
I had these items neatly stacked on my small table beside my favorite chair for later reference, and my daughter decided to take a peek. I should have what I need to start making pens by Christmas. I'm pretty excited.

Top Bottom