I keep looking.. Couple of lathes, combo milling machine.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

frank123

The lathe can't be used for threading -unless I'm missing something in the description and pictures- and those all in one things are like many all in one gadgets: They do a to of different functions sort of well but none of them anywhere near as well as two different machines dedicated to one function each (milling and drilling are basically the same machine as every mill is essentially a very precision milling machine). I'd stay away from it unless all you want to do is make short round things and even shorter little flat things with some drill holes in them and do no threading of turned parts. It's also a pretty short between center length for the overall size and weight. It might be OK in a small mechanics shop, but not for overall (hobbyist) machining use.

But that's just my opinion, others may have a different and equally valid one.

The little Enco lathe is probably priced about right with that Dayton controller on it -they're not cheap- but I'd prefer the longer 12 or even 14 inch bed model. 10 inches between centers works for small stuff but you will likely soon find yourself cramped by it as you discover the utility of a metal lathe (I did).

Top Bottom