I just joined the UK club.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I find their sense of humor is very refreshing! They can use some very colorful comments, and from what I've read it is NOT taken as insulting. It seems like it is a bunch of good friends who can smack on each other in fun.

donwatson

Hi Guys,
One or two of you chaps from across the pond have joined our forum lately.
I think you will find the humour quite pleasant but there is place for it, our criticisms are just that, criticism.
Although I have been a member here for a few years I have not posted at any length.
On the UK forum I just won the prize for posting the (about) 100,000 post on the site.
We treat pen turning as fun but we can be quite critical, even the standard of photography is criticised.
Just like hear the forum is open for anyone to join, and when you post your introductory post will be answered, probably after the inmates have had their restraints removed and taken their medications.

take care
Don W

Silver

Yep, I'm also a member as its a little closer to home.

Just a bunch of people that enjoy turning pens and other stuff but don't take it too seriously..

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Please don't take this the wrong way...
......but isn't it bad etiquette to be praising another party while you are being hosted in another?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Please don't take this the wrong way...
......but isn't it bad etiquette to be praising another party while you are being hosted in another?

I don't think so (JMO)... Nobody has suggested less contact within IAP (certainly not my thought). I like MORE feedback and information and contacts rather than less.

I felt it was a shame that the Canadian forum had to stop this year; I understand why, but...still a shame.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't sense any competition here, just more sharing and learning. Actually, I appreciate some diversity and the UK site offers that. In al honesty I have logged on very seldom, but have enjoyed what I saw.

Top Bottom