I HEART my new band saw!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

I spent the last couple of days putting my new Grizzly G0555X 14" band saw together and I love this machine!

The only problem I had was with the riser block. I couldn't get it to fit just right...the little pegs wouldn't match with the holes in the base. :confused: So, I will wait a while to install the riser and will just use it as is for now.

Most glaring thing I've noticed after using it today? I am in dire need of dust collection!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

GET THE DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM installed ASAP! You and your lungs will be very glad you did. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can you describe a bit about why you are having trouble with the "little pegs" on the riser as this may held others that have this particular bandsaw to help you. I do not have the Grizzley so I am not any help at all! :eek:

Enjoy the new tool though as it appears to be in use by several other IAP members. :)

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I agree with Fred, a description of your problem would help. I've had my G0555 for about 4 or 5 years and had no problems installing the riser block.

spitfire

I also have a G0555 and no issues installing the riser block, some more info maybe we can help you out so you can get that installed. It does help to have somebody there to help while installing but I did mine myself.

txbatons

Regarding the riser block....the block itself has two pegs, protruding from opposite corners of the block. There are two corresponding holes on the base that the pegs should fit into. However, when I'd get one in the other is close but not exact, so the riser is raised a tad. I turned the block around and around several times until my son and then my wife and I got pooped out holding up the top (I am obviously wimpier than Jason!) while fiddling with the block.

I really wanted to get that installed prior to putting the whole thing together, but I was more eager to get to playing...err working so I gave up.

Top Bottom