I Did It

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

I just ordered the Nova DVR-XP through CSUSA and they expect to ship it today. Now I have to clean the shop to make room for it.
I was able to see one in use over the weekend and talk to the turner, that sold me on it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

That is the machine I always wanted, unfortunately the price difference to the next model down Nova 1624-44 and my financial capabilities, made the decision for me.

I absolutely hate changing speeds manually and that is what I'm stuck with on my Nova but, as a general purpose lathe, I couldn't ask for more. In fact the only difference between the 2 machines is the head, everything else is absolutely the same.

There has been only a few problems, or should I say, a few people, which had problems with the DVR-XP model, most have been no more than a bad head that is "promptly" replace by the factory through the dealer. Like anything else, new doesn't always means perfect, and the way things are done in our days, there will be always some "parts" that come out from the production line, faulty.

So, I'm jealous mate...!

Good luck with it.

PS: If you don't mind saying, what is the cost of one of those, down there...???

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I just ordered the Nova DVR-XP through CSUSA and they expect to ship it today. Now I have to clean the shop to make room for it.
I was able to see one in use over the weekend and talk to the turner, that sold me on it.
Hi Dick; Something tells me you will not be sorry!

Top Bottom