work in progress...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Cut the metal tubing a while back and finally had a friend weld the pieces for me this weekend!! I've still got a bit of work to do, but I think most of you can figure out what I'm making...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Yes!!!!! Finally!

I've been working on this design for years, but could never get the hexagon exactly right!
Now that you have perfected it, as soon as my lathe hits 88mph, the flux capacitor will activate and rain vintage 1955 Bakelite on all of us!!!!

Finally! I was beginning to think this was impossible! Thanks, Doc Brown:)

glycerine

One of those turning support thingies (proper tech term eludes me). Are going to use roller blade wheels?

Steady rest. I'm either going to use rollerblade wheels, or just the bearings by themselves. Maybe try both. I have an r/c hobby shop close by and I know they have all sizes of bearings, so it may be easier and cheaper than hunting down a used pair of rollerblades!

glycerine

A small Stargate for small rodents and cats?

new age Flux Capacitor? :biggrin:

Yes!!!!! Finally!

I've been working on this design for years, but could never get the hexagon exactly right!
Now that you have perfected it, as soon as my lathe hits 88mph, the flux capacitor will activate and rain vintage 1955 Bakelite on all of us!!!!

Are you making your own stopsigns?

Actually, I'm going to attach magnets to this frame, wrap some copper wire around my pen mandrel, and attach it to a rechargable battery. Then everytime I turn a pen, it will also charge the battery and will become a self-sustaining electric lathe!!! :biggrin:

juteck

Look at the Goodwill for cheap rollerblades - you only need 3 good wheels.

Or find a local roller skate rink and talk to their maintenance guru -- look for the ones with the best bearings -- you can re-shape and smooth out the rubber.

Timebandit

Steady rest. I'm either going to use rollerblade wheels, or just the bearings by themselves. Maybe try both. I have an r/c hobby shop close by and I know they have all sizes of bearings, so it may be easier and cheaper than hunting down a used pair of rollerblades!

Just go to Ebay and type in Rollerblabe Wheels.............trust me you will find some for cheap:biggrin:

Yes!!!!! Finally!

At least you didn't say, "Here's your Sign." :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom