I Came Home Happy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

About 3 weeks ago, the Woodworking Show was set up near us. Wifey found online that they have a Showcase which is for those who make things from wood to bring and show what they make.....and there is judging too.

I entered this embellished cherry vase I had made in a Nick Agar workshop back in November.

Turns out that someone had made a large spinning wheel with many turned parts as well as what looked to be steam bent pieces. It was really nice! It won the Peoples Choice award.

My small vase won the Educators Choice award. This was selected by a panel of the instructors there at the show.

My prize for this win was this SWEET Bosch router! Happy routing now!

Attachments

• IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 85
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That is a very nice piece of art. If you ever want to sell I bet that would bring some top dollars. I agree with Pete on never having enough routers. I think I have at least 15

Hawkdave

Well done Charlie!!

I guess you never know what opposition you're up against until you see the other entries.

Thanks for showing us your winning entry and the resulting prize.

Dave.

Charlie_W

Thanks everyone!

First, the vase was a learning experience with the embellishments.
Really pleased with how it turned out.
I credit the excellent teaching of Nick Agar as this was one of our workshop pieces. If you get the opportunity to take a class with him, you will thoroughly enjoy it and learn a lot. I did give him a pen after the class.
Both his one week and his 2week class at Arrowmont this summer are
sold out....bummer...

As for the router, it is very nice! It has the power switch in the handle, soft start motor with speeds from 10K - 25K and will adjust the torque to the load....pretty cool!
It is also setup for under mounting with a topside height adjuster. It seems like a very solid tool.
Need to try it on a project soon.

Top Bottom