I call your 2 operations in 2 weeks and raise you 1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

It's hell to get old !!!! Several weeks ago I was suffering chest pain that was all to familiar. I Called my heart doctor and went in for an EKG. Not good. Checked into the hospital and had a heart Cath done. Several balloonings and 1 stent later I was good to go the next day. 7 days later, the same chest pain and I could not exert myself in any manner. 11:pM ride to emergency room. Poked, probed, X-rayed, and admitted to the hospital. Early morning heart Cath again. Nothing wrong with last weeks work on my heart, but did find that my blood count was down to 8.2 (should be around 14) and my stool was black. I was bleeding inside someplace !! Next day I was examined by my Gastrointestinal doctor and he found my esophagus was perforated and bleeding. After cauterizeing the bad spots, and spending the night getting two blood transfusions, I went home on Saturday. In 11 days I had three procedures done. Sunday, much to my wife's dismay, I finished cutting the grass I had started on Wednesday. All seems well so far and I feel fine. That blood from a twenty year old can do wonders for you. Jim S

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

Jim, Glad you are doing better. Keep it up. I have nothing that hurts as bad as what you have. even if I thought I did.

Janster

....take it easy! Slow down and smell the roses along w/counting your blessings! Be well......Jan

SteveJ

I choose to fold in this game...I will gladly let you win this hand.

Hope you start feeling stronger now that the blood is flowing better.

Steve

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Shoot Jim, that was painful just to read! Hope the worst is behind you. And get yourself healthy real soon.

Take the lawn chores slowly!

Thinking of you!

bitshird

Wow, I kind of know how you feel, 18 months ago I went for a walk, and woke up in a hospital 5 days later, during which time I had a stroke, all this happened during heart surgery. I guess what they say about what dosent kill you makes you stronger, well I'm not sure about that,But I guess I still glad I'm sort of still alive

plantman

Glad your ok. Did they have any idea where the holes in your esophagus came from?

Get well

JOHN; :doctor: The holes in my esophagus are caused by a condition know as acid reflex or esophagusitis. This happens when acid from the stomach leaks up into the gullet area and eats away the lining. This is also known as having heartburn, and is caused when the circular band of muscle (spincter) at the bottom of the gullet, which normally prevents acid from leaking up (reflex) does not work properly. Higher pressure in the stomach caused by overeating, spicy foods, or bending over can be larger than the spincter can withstand causing reflex and heartburn. I have been taking med.s for many years for this condition, but sometimes it just gets away. Acid reflex, heartburn, bleeding, and low blood count can give you the same pain as having a heart attack. Antacids will relieve the pain from heartburn most of the time. If not, check with the ER to be safe. Hopes this sheds some light on the subject for you !!! Jim S

Top Bottom