HUT PENS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

theartist07

I was just wondering if anyone has used the HUT brand pen kits and if so what is the problem with the click pen kit. I can't get most of them to even work right, or maybe it's something i'm not doing right.If there any thoughts out on this please post. Have a good one all!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Hut is a reseller of Pen State Ind, I believe. Not sure on the click pens, I have heard a lot of complaints about them so never even looked.

theartist07

Well it's great to know that other folks have trouble with the click pen, i thought it wa sme there for awhile. Does anyone know of a company that sells a good kit for this ? Getting ready for a craft show in May and would like to add a few.One more thing, do click pens sell as well as the twist pen, or does it just depend on where your showing them? Thanks for any advice on this. By the way, i love this site; i've learned alot from reading what others have posted, this is great for me and others also.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
The click mechanism in the kits is neither worse nor better than what is available on the commercial market. The difference is that we will throw away a $1 pen, without a second thought, when the mechanism fails before it runs out of ink. However, we expect more form a pen that that costs $20

Then there is the perception of quality. It didn't take me long to figure out that one sells better than the other because "click" makes people think "Bic" and low quality, while a twist cap makes them think "Cross" and a higher quality.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Amen, Russ!!

The click pen CAN be made into a workable pen, but the tolerances are tricky. I agree with Russ, sell the "twist" - you and your customers will both be happier.[:)][:)]

toolcrazy

I've bought some click pens. Standard click, comfort click and american click. But I've purchased them from Woodcraft. So far I haven't had any problems as of yet.

Randy_

The PSI Slimline-Pro Gelwriter click pen has received some favorable comments as has the Berea Button Click Pen. As to the issue of the durability/dependability of the click mechanism, I have several Parker T-Ball Jotters that are more than 5 yearas old and one that is at least 20 and they still work just fine. I'm in the process of exprimenting with some of the click kits to see if there is a correctable reason for them performing as poorly as some folks suggest. I have also seen posts from folks who have been making click pens for years without significant problems so there is a real conflict in the results that are being reported by pen crafters.

doddman70

I have done several click kits and had alot of problems in the begining I talked to a couple of guys at my local woodcraft and found that the you basicly have no tollerence in the brass tube when squaring the ends of the tube you have to make sure that you absolutely take no brass off at all!!!! once i figured that out they have all worked great. but i will also say that i agree with Russ about people comparing them to a cheap bic the only time I make a click pen anymore is by special order and thats after trying to talk them out of it.

Shane

theartist07

Thanks for all the replys on this. I agree about the twist pen, it is a much better seller. I'm getting ready for a craft show May 5th but i won't have any clicks in it. I was wondering alsos if anyone here does the sets, two pens, letter opener and magnifying glass? If so how are the sales on that going?

theartist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom