Disposable bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel07

Here is a thought I had after reading a post by someone who needed some bushings in a hurry. And I wanted to see if anyone has tried this. I'll try it this weekend myself if I get some time.

Disposable bushings;
For this concept to work you would need a tight fitting barrel trimming sleeve for whatever size tube you are working on( seems that most people make their own out of wood anyway)the full length of the tube or very close.
You could take small block of wood with a 1/4 inch hole and slip that on to the mandrel and the slde on the milling sleeve and then slide on the blank of your choice over the milling sleeve and then another block of wood ( place a piece of wax paper or thin piece of plastic between the scrap blocks and blank), turn the whole thing down to size being very careful to measure with calipers frequently, sand and apply finish of choice. The scrap blocks I would hope would just snap of due to the wax paper or just part them off with the point of your skew.

Requires a little precision but that's what were after anyway.

The description might be a little vague but I'm sure you get the idea.

If this works I may never buy another bushing again:):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Or just get your hands on some scrap corian or Delrin and turn your own bushings. If using corian, spray paint them with Krylon first. Then if you hit them with your tool enough to clear the paint you know it is time to make new ones.

GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom