How to chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasJohn

Hey Folks - I've got a question. About a year or so ago, I purchased a Oneway Talon Chuck. I have not attempted to use it until now. I decided I wanted to try my hand at drilling pen blanks on the lathe. Is there any way this chuck can be modified to hold a pen blank? If not, what type of a chuck would you suggest using on my Jet VS? TIA Texas John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

John I use a scroll chuck to drill blanks on the lathe ever so often. If you have a set of pin jaws (the smallest made for the chuck), that's all you need.

TexasJohn

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />John I use a scroll chuck to drill blanks on the lathe ever so often. If you have a set of pin jaws (the smallest made for the chuck), that's all you need.
Hi Billy - Thanks for responding. I am almost embarased to tell you that I do not know what "pin jaws" are. I guess this tells you how much I know about what I am doing.[:0] Where would I find "pin jaws" - would HF carry them. Do they or would they work with my Oneway Talon

alamocdc

No, HF wouldn't have them, but Charles (Tangboy) should. I think he is a Oneway distributer. At any rate I've seen Oneway chucks on his web site. http://www.woodchipshome.com

Deere41h

John, Oneway makes a set of jaws called Spigot Jaws for the Talon chuck. They will hold anything from 1/4 to 1 5/8". Craft Supplies sells them for $37.99. If I were a betting person I would bet that the Vicmark jaws will fit as well. If they do you can get a set of pin jaws from Grizzly for $18.95. I have those and use them on my Vicmark. Maybe someone else has tried other jaws on the Talon and can confirm that they work.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />John, Oneway makes a set of jaws called Spigot Jaws for the Talon chuck. They will hold anything from 1/4 to 1 5/8". Craft Supplies sells them for $37.99. If I were a betting person I would bet that the Vicmark jaws will fit as well. If they do you can get a set of pin jaws from Grizzly for $18.95. I have those and use them on my Vicmark. Maybe someone else has tried other jaws on the Talon and can confirm that they work.

<b>How much you willing to bet.... </b>[:D][:D]
Vicmarc jaws will not fit a Oneway.. neither will Tecknatool jaws...
You need to purchase Oneway jaws for the Talon... they are the only ones that fit.. and make sure you are getting Talon jaws not Stronghold jaws...

The reason the Grizzly jaws fit your Vicmarc is that the new Grizzly chuck is a clone of the Vicmarc...

TexasJohn

Thanks guys for the responses. I think I am going to go with the suggestion to get the Talon Spigot jaws. It sounds like what I need and if it is made by Oneway it should not be a problem - besides if I have a problem more than likely they will accept them back and get me on the right track. Thanks again for the responses. Texas John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom