How similar is the Teknatool SuperNova chuck to the Grizzly 4 jaw chuck?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Bob, I've heard the same story that it's a knock off of the Nova, I know Nova makes the chucks for Delta, Delta puts their name on the out side, and on the part that the jaws attach it's marked Nova.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Can't really tell from the photo if the Grizzly is a sealed back or not, but that's
a nice feature of the Supernova. If it is sealed, I'd think Grizzly would mention
it as a benefit. Then again, their chuck looks like it is indexed, and they don't
mention that, either. It does appear to use the same closure mechanism as the
Supernova. If they're the same, that's a good price.

jclark58

I believe the Grizzly is a knockoff of the smaller Vicmarc. I think Steve S. can confirm. Not sure about the Noca jaws.

Jason

foneman

Bob,
The Grizzly you linked to is a copy of the VicMarc chuck. It is not compatible with the Supernova chuck. I have the Grizzly and the Supernova and nothing is compatible between the two. I use the Grizzly on my Jet 1220 and the Supernova2 on my bigger Jet. So far, no complaints with either chuck. They both work as designed.

john

foneman

Can't really tell from the photo if the Grizzly is a sealed back or not, but that's
a nice feature of the Supernova. If it is sealed, I'd think Grizzly would mention
it as a benefit. Then again, their chuck looks like it is indexed, and they don't
mention that, either. It does appear to use the same closure mechanism as the
Supernova. If they're the same, that's a good price.

The Grizzly does have sealed back and is also indexed in 24 increments.

john

KenV

You can make auxillary jaws for most the chucks - trick is getting a good template for drilling laid out so you do not have to measure and remeasure each time. Good (solid ply) plywoods, mdf, and high molecular density plastics are common materials to use.

Top Bottom