How about some Darts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pyurgal

pyurgal

I decided to try making some darts using the kit from PSI. Talk about very easy to turn. I think they are about as easy as a Wall Street II pen. The great thing is that they all came out weighing the same and I did not have to use any of the lead filler. They weigh 28 grams each. Just the right weight for me.

I think they came out pretty good. I just finished them with Ren Wax since it was a first try. The next set that I do will be with a different wood maybe something with red in it.

Now all I need is dart board. :)

Paul

Attachments

• Darts.JPG
    Darts.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Paul.
I'd like to see some with pearl inlay. And then some with a spiral on the body so that when you throw the dart with a spin you can see it turn.

pyurgal

A pearl inlay? OK, sounds good to me. How do you do that? I have only been turning for a couple of months now and I have not tried anything that fancy yet.

Now the spiral sounds like a neat idea. I guess I would need a sprial cutter for that. I think it might be time for a new tool. :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments. I have a feeling that I will be making more of them in the near future.

Paul

Mark

They look great. Nicely Done.

BTW: any wooden door should work.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just draw a bulls eye. :eek:

Rfturner

I have tried to sell them, several times and I have not had any luck. They have been in my inventory for about 8 months and that is one of the few items that I can't seem to sell I have had people slightly interested indarts then they decided to back out. You may have better luck selling them then I have in your area

Top Bottom