Horrible Fright Band Ssaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I would like to purchase a band saw. In spite of quality concerns does anyone have the HF table top band saw selling for $199.99? I have a 25% off coupon good only this Friday. If there are any positive responses I will probably buy it. If there are not I'll pass. Let's hear your opinions before Friday.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I do have one of these saws mounted on the end of my mini metal lathe table. I use it all the time for cutting blanks, plastic, brass tubing, you name it. I found it hard to keep the upper rubber tire on to begin with as I set the saw up and centered the blade. This was easly solved with a little CA to hold the tire to the wheel. I tend to over tension my band saw blades !! Blade changeing is quite simple, adjustments are easy to make, miter works fine, all in all not a bad machine for the money. New blades are not expensive and can be easily found at any big box store. When bolted down to my table it runs smoothly and quietly. It has the normal drift when cutting as did my larger band saw, but both can be corrected. I would recommend it for pen turners because off it's size and price. You aren't going to resaw 12" Oak with it, but then your not paying $2500.00 for it either. I have had mine for about 5 years and just last week changed out my first blade, but I cut brass with it also. Jim S

Rockytime

Which saw are you referring to? The only bench top one that I see is 60500 which is currently on sale for $124.99.

That is the one. I have a 25% off coupon. I'm off to HF first thing in the morning. I hope I'm not disappointed. I understand their machinery and realize that that all their equipment has to be tweaked.

Top Bottom