His and Hers Jewelry Boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave Winters

Dave Winters

Curly Maple and Crotch Walnut. I s'pose you could put a pen in it...
His-and-Hers-Boxes.jpg
Jewelry-Box.jpg

These are smallish,12" long x 5" wide x 4" tall. Bottoms are Sapele veneer ply.
Post joints are #0 biscuits. Screwed the biscuit jointer right to a jig, and then the parts are held with a toggle clamp. Surprisingly precise..
Hinge is just an 1/8" brass rod.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Very nice, the contrasting woods work well together!

I bought a mini biscuit cutter several years ago, used it once or twice and have all but forgotten about it. Looks like I need to blow the dust off and use it again! :)

VisExp

Dave, the jewelry boxes look awesome. The grain on both the woods is stunning and they look great together. Very nice work.

I bought a mini biscuit cutter several years ago :)

My Porter Cable biscuit cutter will do #0, #10 and #20. You just have to switch the blade out to a smaller one for the #0

USAFVET98

Where could I get a reasonably inexpensive biscuit jointer? I have wanted one for a long time, but everytime I look at them, they are way too expensive for me..

JohnU

Nice job. Great selection of wood.

Where could I get a reasonably inexpensive biscuit jointer? I have wanted one for a long time, but everytime I look at them, they are way too expensive for me..

I bought mine I think from harbor freight about 10 years ago. Its a ryobi, reconditioned. Never had a problem and all you do is turn a dial to get the three different sized cuts. No changing of cutters. The dial regulates how deep and wide the cut is to fit the 0, 10 & 20 biscuits.

VisExp

My Porter Cable biscuit cutter will do #0, #10 and #20. You just have to switch the blade out to a smaller one for the #0

I realized I had made a mistake and wanted to correct myself :redface:

The PC 557 will make 4 different size cuts. It comes with two blades, a 4" and a 2". The 4" will cut size #0, #10 and #20. A quick change to the 2" blade and you can cut the smaller #FF slots.

Top Bottom