Hillbilly Blood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Cody, what are they using for a bowl gouge?

They called it a scraper but it looked like a spindle gouge. The bowl turned out perfect but I have to believe that there was a lot of un-filmed work or that the "end product" was actually a different bowl. The un-sanded piece looked pretty rough.

SDB777

The bowl at the end of the show was purchased by a producer from Jeff Jackson(search him out on FB to see the bowl he made). Then the bowl is being passed off as the one they made!

How about a few of ya go tell those producers what you think?!?!?

Or better yet, how would anyone here like to see a custom turned pen that was purchased being passed off as a pen made by someone else on a 'reality' show?

Scott (sorry bunch of people) B

Jeff J.

I sent an email to the line producer (who ordered the bowl) and she forwarded it to the executive producer. He got back to me and said he wasn't aware of the situation and would get "back to me when he finds out more." Yea right!! Meanwhile on the Hillbilly Blood facebook page they removed all posts and comments regarding this and also blocked me from making any more posts!! I've noticed it's spreading over social media more and more. They definitely haven't heard the last from me!

Cwalker935

I sent an email to the line producer (who ordered the bowl) and she forwarded it to the executive producer. He got back to me and said he wasn't aware of the situation and would get "back to me when he finds out more." Yea right!! Meanwhile on the Hillbilly Blood facebook page they removed all posts and comments regarding this and also blocked me from making any more posts!! I've noticed it's spreading over social media more and more. They definitely haven't heard the last from me!

It definitely stinks that they passed off your beautiful work as something turned on a jerry-rigged truck as if its that's easy. Sorry that you were the victim of this sham. BTW you did not really use possum grease to finish the bowl did you? Just kidding.

The Penguin

Sad that they would present your work as theirs. If there is a link to the show where this is done, I'd like to see it.

wyone

hmm strange.. I just posted this to the Hillbilly Blood FB Page:

Just wondering.. any truth to the rumor going around that the bowl that supposedly was turned on your show was actually PURCHASED from a well known bowl turner named Jeff Jackson in Washington? If so, he needs to be WELL compensated for the use of HIS bowl and the misrepresentation. If not, well he swears it matches the grain of the bowl he sold one of your producers. Here is your chance to make it right if he has been wronged.

It mysteriously does NOT show up.. seems like they might be restricting posts completely or anything that mentions bowls.

The Penguin

it's there. I just liked it for you.

Posts to that type of page do not show up in the main feed.

They show up on the left of the screen under "posts by others"

jsolie

Hang on.... my mind is a flurry of late night questions... Did you say it was finished with possum grease? :eek:

Is that like a drying oil? Or will it go rancid? And foodsafe? Or is it something like Frog Lube for cleaning rifles? :confused: :wink: :rolleyes:

Jeff J.

hmm strange.. I just posted this to the Hillbilly Blood FB Page:

Just wondering.. any truth to the rumor going around that the bowl that supposedly was turned on your show was actually PURCHASED from a well known bowl turner named Jeff Jackson in Washington? If so, he needs to be WELL compensated for the use of HIS bowl and the misrepresentation. If not, well he swears it matches the grain of the bowl he sold one of your producers. Here is your chance to make it right if he has been wronged.

It mysteriously does NOT show up.. seems like they might be restricting posts completely or anything that mentions bowls.

I just check also and it has been removed. I've had a couple friends post there also and they've also been blocked from commenting or liking any posts.

wyone

well when you HIDE things.. it tends to be way more suspect of wrong doing. I am thinking maybe a call to an investigative reporter might be fun, if you knew one that was in the area they are in.

wyone

OK.. so I found the episode to watch and first.. ya right.. in one day.. they went to the mountains.. hiked around.. found a burl.. cut if off. drug it home.. made a gouge and scraper by hand with their own forge.. then went to the neighbors.. fixed his truck that would not run.. got it running.. and then used the hub to turn a bowl.. had to use a bolt to hold it on, so they had to cut that section off with a handsaw.. and if you pay attention.. the bowl is one shape and size and color while they are cutting it off.. then SUDDENLY changes shape and size and color. so maybe they did not use Jeff Jackson's bowl.. the one they are sanding obviously has no finish on it, or signature on the bottom, but when they show the inside of it, the knots in the bottom are VERY VERY distinct. No question whatsoever that is his bowl. I actually pulled up the picture of it on his FB page and stopped the video recording where it showed the inside of the bowl and they are most certainly the same. Shame on you Hillbilly Blood for such a misrepresentation

wyone

The really sad part is.. I think they actually did sort of turn the bowl on the truck.. and it did not look bad.. I think they could have said it took TWO days instead of one. and done some hand work to the one they supposedly turned on the truck and it would have come out nice.

Top Bottom