Hickory Tree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
We stopped by my wife's mother's house to check up on her and there is a huge hickory tree that fell on her property. Some of the larger pieces look like they have some spalting and there are large growths all up the trunk, I believe it is burl?
I don't have the equipment or ability to do anything with the tree. It's a shame that it will just lay there and go to waste.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

maybe one of the neighbors has a chainsaw you could borrow? Or maybe rent one?

Do you belong to a local club and would they be able to help you?

alankulwicki7

If you don't have any IAP members nearby, see if there is a local wood turning club close. Our club has a few dedicated members that will remove trees and raffle off the wood to club members at every meeting.
Just don't let it go to waste :)

Terredax

Banned
She called and said while she was gone, someone left a note on her door asking about removing the tree. I asked if she would see if he would cut the growths off of it and leave them for me, just in case they are burls or some interesting grain.
Waiting to hear back.

Terredax

Banned
The young man cut up the tree, cleaned up all of the mess, cut off the pieces I asked about, and even offered to slice them up into 1" thick slabs.
He said if there are any other trees that need removed, he would do it just for the wood.
It's good to know that the wood will not go to waste.

Top Bottom