Hi everyone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CLA001

Found you by accident during a late night trawl of the web, (ok and after my first implosion and another frustrating failed attempt to cast something clear and bubble free for turning)

I'm based in the UK and am firmly stuffed behind a desk most days. in an effort to get away from it I have been turning and making pens, not so well for a couple of years

I have always had a strong desire to make my own acrylic blanks. After gleaning various bits of information and building a very dodgy vacum chamber I have found I still really must have some basic knowledge gaps, which I'm hoping this forum can help me with, before I coat myself, my shed and my dog in half cured sticky stuff.

Regards
Clive

Reactions: Big
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sandsini

Welcome from Southern California.

Check the Library if you haven't been there already. There is a ton (or tonne!) of great information there. The members here are very generous with their knowledge.

Cheers,

CLA001

Thanks all for the warm welcome,
That's desk has been dragging me back lately, that and the fact that we are actually having some prolonged periods of sunshine here, which makes it harder to find some decent shed time.

I have been lurking around the forums when I have the time and there seems to be lots of different ways to do things. I think I am going to try and put some specific questions together and hope you kind folks take the time to respond - in between the fits of inane giggles my doubtless senseless questions will raise >.<.

Thanks and Regards
Clive

Top Bottom