HF 1/2" MT2 drill chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gmcnut

Hi all,

I want to do some pepper mills and don't currently have a drill chuck for my tailstock on my Jet Midi size lathe.

Anybody out there using one of these from HF?

http://tinyurl.com/2rfr84

Any good? [?] Any suggestions of something else to consider.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Originally posted by gmcnut

.....I want to do some pepper mills and don't currently have a drill chuck for my tailstock on my Jet Midi size lathe.....

Maybe you do? The Jacobs chuck on your drill press may very well fit your tailstock.

sparhawk

I have one and it is fine. Heavy and well made it seems. Had to order it and it took about 4 weeks:(But when it got here i was well satisfied with the chuck.

Daniel

I have a MT1 and an MT2. one is used on my wood lathe, MT1. the other on my matal lathe, MT2. both work just fine. I think I got them at Enco though which is also where I bought my 4th, and last, 60 degree live center. I wore out 3 centers in less than a year. bought the one from enco about three years ago and it still has no wear on it. Now it is just in my head that there tools are good quality at HF or better prices.

I make lots of PM's and I think my drill chuck is from HF... I've had it a while and forget where I got it, but know I didn't spend big $$ for it... actually need to find a new key, the one I have is beginning to slip and bind when I use it... it's worn enough to where it's getting to be a problem.

Getting good bits will be more important than the drill chuck... if everything fits tight and well, the HF will work fine.

patrick_1853

I just wish they would carry it in store. The shipping nearly doubles the price. I have a mt2 chuck I bought at Sears a few years back, but unfortunately, it is a normal chuck with a mt2 adaptor. It has a ton of slop to it.

jwoodwright

I went with Grizzly. Fast Service and excellant quality. My 60 degee center is a sealed for life and shows no damage after 8 yrs of use. My chuck and adaptor are also from Grizzly and run true.

Top Bottom