Help me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

okiebugg

I'm trying to make my first egg kaleidoscope. Followed the instructions and bought a 13/16 bit and drilled the blank as instructed. Now it gets weird the instructions say glue the tube(s) into the blank. Heres my dilemma. The blank is drilled at 13/16. I don't find any tube(s) as the instructions call for. There is a large diameter threaded tube to be glued into the blank. The problem is as I see it is, the tube diameter is about 11/16 and the blank id drilled @ 13/16. I can't figure out a way of gluing in a tube that is too small and keeping it level in the blank for finishing.

Someone please help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

I'm wondering how many responses you are going to get because you put this in the wrong forum and weren't very specific in your title. I would suggest "need help with egg Kaleidoscope" for title so the people who do make them will read your post. Also post it in either Other Things We Make or Casual Conversation rather than pen making.

sbell111

I suspect that you are working from WoodCraft's instructions. If so, it is a little confusing as they include the 'glue the tube' step in all of their instructions, regardless of whether there is a tube that gets glued.

Check out Arizona Silhouette's photo instructions toward the bottom of this page. You will note that there is no 'glue the tube' step.

okiebugg

Thank you

I suspect that you are working from WoodCraft's instructions. If so, it is a little confusing as they include the 'glue the tube' step in all of their instructions, regardless of whether there is a tube that gets glued.

Check out Arizona Silhouette's photo instructions toward the bottom of this page. You will note that there is no 'glue the tube' step.

You sir have saved me a lot of grief. I had a fitfully small amount of sleep last nite trying how you would 'glue' a small tube into a large hole. I was actually thinking of mixing an amount of
epoxy but large enough to do the job. I was going to put the tube in with the glue ans gold the tube in place with the threaded brass parts, hoping that the epoxy didn't reach the tubes.
The instructions provided are enough to allow me to get the job done

THANKS

Top Bottom