Hello from WA state

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cagey44

Hi, I am finally able to get back to woodturning as we get settled in Washington. We are getting a shop set up and I will have space for my lathes, a Nova Mercury lathe that I turn my pens and small stuff on and a Jet 1442 for larger stuff. I used to be a member here but when I tried to log in I was not recognized anymore and had to sign up again :( This is such a great community and I have learned so much in the past I am sure that I will catch up with all the new innovations as I go through the threads and learn so much.
When we moved from the NC/VA area I gave all my wood to a local woodworkers organization and they were going to raffle it off for a fundraiser for their group. It just made no sense to pay to move all that weight, but boy it was hard to give up that "gold" . At least it went to an appreciative home and here I am surrounded by wood again.

Krista

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cagey44

Hi Displaced Canadian,
I am hoping to join up with the local groups soon but work fulltime. I see you are in Marysville, I am in Granite Falls and work in Arlington. Which groups would you suggest, the Mount Vernon one or go South?

SkookumPens

I would think you would like to join the Seattle group. You also should join the Washington chapter of IAP. Our next meeting is at Woodcraft in Seattle on January 6th at 1:00pm.
Craig Chatterton
Puyallup, WA

I must confess I'm a bit of a hermit, Craig (Shookum Pens) knows more about the turning clubs than I do. As pen makers we meet every 2 months at the Seattle Woodcraft. I know there is a turning club up north, just not sure how to contact them. I live and work in Smokey Point.

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
Hello! I'm a new member and live in Puget Sound. I'm new to woodturning. The only woodworking I've done is bow making. I hope to be making my first pen in the next few weeks. Wish me luck.

Angi

OOPS

Greetings from Spokane, WA. We have a pen turning club here, so if you're in this area, (or get to this side of the state) let me know and I can give you more information.

Top Bottom