Hello from Virginia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chad.trent

I'm new to this board. I've been collecting foutain pens for many years and would soon like to try my hand at making them. I found this board through a post on fountain pen network. I see some names I recognize from that board and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

By day I'm a graphic designer and webmaster for a packaging company. By night I do freelance graphic design, branding, and web design and development.

I've also been a glass blower for a good number of years. I figure what good is a little bit of spare time? I may as well try to fill that with making some pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Welcome Chad

You couldn't have found a better forum to be a part of. There's a tremendous level of knowledge and skill floating around this place. You'll also find that most everyone is happy to help those with questions. Be sure to search the library and the other different sections of the forum for past posts which will answer most questions you might have. Again, welcome! It would be awesome to see some of your glass work!!!

chad.trent

Welcome Chad

You couldn't have found a better forum to be a part of. There's a tremendous level of knowledge and skill floating around this place. You'll also find that most everyone is happy to help those with questions. Be sure to search the library and the other different sections of the forum for past posts which will answer most questions you might have. Again, welcome! It would be awesome to see some of your glass work!!!

Thanks. You can see some of my glass at Cosmo Glassworks | Blown Glass Marbles, Jewelry, and More | Roanoke, VA

Welcome Chad - hope to see you in May at the Gathering in Richmond!!

When and where is it?

wiset1

Chad you've done some truly amazing work blowing glass! I think with the same desire for perfection you'll do well designing pens. I may need to hire you for some lessons, I've always wanted to blow glass. Simply AMAZING work

CKormann

Welcome Chad. I also started collecting vintage fountain pens back in the mid 90s before moving on to making pens.

I live in southern CA now, but I was raised in Roanoke. I would be glad to help you with pen turning if you can teach me how to blow glass. I have wanted to learn that since I as a child. :)

Chris

ALA

Hi Chad! Welcome to the board. I'm about an hour from Roanoke in Bassett. You probably already know but there is a WoodCraft store in Roanoke. Lots of helpful people there. That's where I got my start in pen turning. Oh! And great work on the glass blowing!:biggrin:

Top Bottom