Hello from upstate NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glassbender1

Hi, my name is John Ryan from Troy NY and I have been turning pens for only a few months but am enjoying it very much. I have been gathering equipment to start casting blanks for myself and hope to learn from the resources you have available here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

efrulla

Welcome from the Lake George Region. Since you live int the Capital District you might want to look into a membership in the Adirondack Woodturners Association (Home). They have a club workshop in the Colonie area and hold weekly meetings and seminars. I have not joined yet because it is an hour drive to the workshop but I think I will join soon.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, John.

You are just in time to join in on our annual BASH celebration. I hope you will join in on some of the fun contests & activities. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edgar

glassbender1

Welcome from the Lake George Region. Since you live int the Capital District you might want to look into a membership in the Adirondack Woodturners Association (Home). They have a club workshop in the Colonie area and hold weekly meetings and seminars. I have not joined yet because it is an hour drive to the workshop but I think I will join soon.
I actually joined there 6 months ago and love it. the main group in Clifton Park. but there is a branch I know little about in Saranac Lake area that should be closer to you.

Top Bottom