Hello from the great white north

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cloven

Hello everybody, my name is David and I live in southwestern Ontario along the coast of Georgian Bay. I've been turning for a little over a year, made some pens that I have given to my family members (wife, parents, brothers). I do woodworking for my job, so I already have access to a number of machines and tools, but I really like the design and crafting of a pen, just the number of possibilities as well as getting the blank and kit to come together to make something that looks amazing. I came here from penturnersparadise, which is going to be shutting down tomorrow (Aug 15), so I came here as a place to find help/information if need be. I have turned wood and acrylic, and I plan to try trustone and casting chiyogami with alumilite, so I will probably have some questions in the future.
I'll make a thread in the show off your pens part of the forum to document what I have made.
Cheers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Welcome from Georgia David. You will find a great deal on pen turning here and our library is fantastic. We hope to see your work posted in the future. I personally would not shut off penturnersparadice. Both sites are good many of us from USA are members there as well IMHO.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi from Ohio!

I fondly remember hauling my son and his motocross bike up to Chatsworth, ON for several years! Alas, he never made it big in the competitive motocross competitions, but he did enjoy the summers near Owen Sound!

I have lots of relatives in Dundas, Guelph, Hamilton, Toronto areas.

Glad to have you aboard!

darrin1200

Welcome from a previous Owen Sounder. Actually grew up in Shallow Lake,

It was sad to see paradise shut down, but there are a lot of good people here as well.

Top Bottom