Hello from Pensacola, FL!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bitterguy

Hi I'm Jason from Pensacola. I'm in the US navy, currently in a training status for a couple more months. I started pen turning back in high school wood shop class and I absolutely loved it. Of course now that I have money to buy a lathe and tools I'm not allowed to have them in my barracks(which if anyone knows somewhere I can get access to a lathe, preferably easily accessible via bus)! So if I cant get access to a lathe, until I get out of my school I at least, I'm just hear to learn in order to be able to make better pens once I'm allowed to have a lathe!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bitterguy

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas & thanks for your service.

There is an AAW chapter in Pensacola - looks like they meet every 3rd Sat. You might attend one of their meetings & see if some of their members can help you out.
Artistic Woodturners of NW Florida - American Association of Woodturners

Best wishes
Edgar
Thanks for finding that for me! It looks like theyre to out of the way for any bus routes around me though :/

That's too bad.
Taxi maybe? Might be worth a one- time investment. Who knows, maybe you'll find an AAW member living close to the base who can give you rides. Or perhaps try to find a woodworker on base who has a car.

Some Woodcraft stores have shops where you can rent time at a reasonable cost but there isn't one anywhere near Pensacola.

Is there any chance that there is a wood shop on base?

walshjp17

Welcome aboard. Granted, I may be showing my age, but when I was in Pensacola in the late '60s there was a Hobby Shop on base that had woodworking equipment. Don't know if it had lathes or not.

Top Bottom