Hello from Kentucky!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RaymondScott

Hello all! I am fairly new to pen turning, although I have turned a few pens, I consider myself to be a novice with a lot more to learn. I need to spend some time looking around the forum to get some tips and find better ways to do things. I don't know anyone locally that turns, so I am sure I will find the knowledge on this site to be a great help. Thank you for the opportunity to improve!

-Ray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Raymond, Welcome to the forum. Check out the library, there is a wealth of info. on everything to do with pen turning. Check to see if there is a wood turning club in your area. Those are always a great asset even if they aren't all about pen turning. Good luck with this addiction and have fun.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Medina, Ohio... Although this very minute I'm sitting in a cabin near Taylorsville! Wifey dragged me through 12 distillery tours this week (She's a chemist and likes Scotch and Bourbon). :bananen_smilies046: I was the designated driver!

Last edited:

RaymondScott

Thanks for the welcome, all. I have to admit I though woodturning was going to be the cheap way into woodworking. :eek: I enjoy it, though.

Wifey dragged me through 12 distillery tours this week (She's a chemist and likes Scotch and Bourbon).

Very nice! I hope you got to stop at Maker's Mark. I am a Maker's Mark Ambassador and have a barrel with my name on it that just matured, so I will be planning a trip out there to claim some of it. Also a Scotch fan, so I hope to visit some of the distilleries across the pond someday. Sláinte!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well, Maker's Mark was not on her list :eek:. I think we had 12 tours in 6 days... maybe 11. Not sure, I was "Driving Miss Daisy" all week. The cabin was great, Kentucky was a wonderful state to visit, and I got some great pulled pork and brisket.

Visited my Daughter at Univ of Dayton, OH. Tonight at Washington Court House, OH to see the in-laws (89 & 88). Home tomorrow, and back to work!

A barrel... Let's see; since I was not drinking I did learn a bit!!! About 53 gallons to start when filled and bung in place. Losses about 7-10% due to evaporation before bottling, so about 43 gallons. 5 fifths per gallon, so about 215 bottles of Makers Mark in your own label... Wifey is visably drooling (Not pretty). :biggrin:

Be Well!

Thanks for the welcome, all. I have to admit I though woodturning was going to be the cheap way into woodworking. :eek: I enjoy it, though.

Wifey dragged me through 12 distillery tours this week (She's a chemist and likes Scotch and Bourbon).

Very nice! I hope you got to stop at Maker's Mark. I am a Maker's Mark Ambassador and have a barrel with my name on it that just matured, so I will be planning a trip out there to claim some of it. Also a Scotch fan, so I hope to visit some of the distilleries across the pond someday. Sláinte!

plano_harry

Welcome Ray. I had one demo and picked up the rest from reading the library, watching videos and searching on all kinds of topics. Subscribe to the IN, KY, TN Local Chapter. You may find some turners in your area.

Top Bottom