Hello from Iowa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kd4bears

Hello all,

My name is Larry and my user name is kd4bears. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and I am just getting into turning. I am in IT work for the Department of Veterans Affairs

I too a few semesters in woodworking when I was in high school, but that was 20 years ago, and recently went to woodworking seminars at the Woodsmith store. I decided I wanted to get into woodturning.

Not too long after I purchased a turncrafter commander from Pennstate industries and have begun making slimline pens and pencils ever since and looking to expanding my horizons to other projects.

I have purchased a chuck and scour the area for fallen trees and trying to learn about the different types of wood that I can use for my projects.

Over all I am very new to woodworking in general and am looking forward to the rewards that it brings.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Hello all,

My name is Larry and my user name is kd4bears. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and I am just getting into turning. I am in IT work for the Department of Veterans Affairs

I too a few semesters in woodworking when I was in high school, but that was 20 years ago, and recently went to woodworking seminars at the Woodsmith store. I decided I wanted to get into woodturning.

Not too long after I purchased a turncrafter commander from Pennstate industries and have begun making slimline pens and pencils ever since and looking to expanding my horizons to other projects.

I have purchased a chuck and scour the area for fallen trees and trying to learn about the different types of wood that I can use for my projects.

Over all I am very new to woodworking in general and am looking forward to the rewards that it brings.
Welcome from Michigan

Top Bottom