Hello from Grand Rapids, MI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jewellmd

(My New) Friends of the IAP,

Hello from West Michigan. I'm a relatively new turner but not exactly new to the IAP. Although my membership into this friendly group was just approved yesterday, many of Google searched lead me here for a number of things. I started turning around mid-August (so I have just over 5-months of experience). I can relate to many of the new turners as I went through my own trials & tribulations of turning - what works, what doesn't.

To those more experienced turners... I've seen a lot of incredible pens and other projects that absolutely makes me jealous (in a good way). I want to thank many of you for imparting your knowledge on those of us who are rookies.

I started with slimlines, then after making about 50 of those, went to Sierra/Wallstreets (also around that time I started working with plastics), branched out to bolts & cigars. I'm looking forward to learning how to do (just about anything) with my lathe and even projects that don't it.

I'm very excited to be part of a very nice community of wood turners and crafters. I look forward to the great interactions that happen all so often here.

-Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome from South Central Michigan...
While your here check out the Michigan Chapter on the forum.
This Sunday there is a Group Meeting may want to check it out. IF you can't make because of that lovely weather heading in from the north there is one this April. Go check it out there and say hello again.

Top Bottom