Hello from Georgia!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JiminLilburn

Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm recently retired and looking for another hobby. I have always enjoyed working with wood, but have never tried turning. I joined this group to hopefully get some good advice on best accessories and best techniques. I know there is a lot of user information on accessories on other sites, but I am frustrated when I read one user that claims the accessory is the best on the market and another user says he or she wouldn't use it if it were free.

I'm hoping that with the good guidance I expect to get here, I will be able to avoid most of the novice mistakes and get to a respectable skill level quickly. I look forward to making new friends, benefiting from your experience, and, down the road, returning some of your favors.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Welcome Jim! I was in the same boat a few months ago when I found this site. I have learned a lot for the members of this site as I am sure you will too. Start with the basics and build from there. Don't be afraid to experiment here and there or ask questions. You may get several different answers or suggestions. Try one or try 'em all. Find what works for you.

I look forward to seeing some of your work posted here soon!

JiminLilburn

Thanks, Zeke. I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to getting my hands dirty and making mistakes I know I will learn from.

BKelley

Jim,
Welcome to our pen turner's site. I second Papaturner's advise and invitation. The IAP offers the newcomers great advise and info. I live in Tucker, just down the road from you and any way I can help you I'd be glad to.

BKelley

Welcome from the other side of Gwinnett County, GA USA

Jim,

Glad to know you're around.

Sent you an e-mail about Gwinnett Woodworkers Association, a not for profit EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION.

We'd love to have you as a member. Woodworkers of ALL skill levels are welcomed, as well as those just wanting to begin woodworking.

Charlie

Top Bottom