Hello again from No Where Virginia.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sleevecc

First of all I want to thank all of you for such a warm welcome.. I am 42 and live out in the middle of nowhere Virginia on a small farm I inherited in OCt of 2011,, I have 2 small youngins, a 3 year old daughter and a 5 year old son for which I care for on my own. There is little to no work around these parts,and what there is as far as my normal trade, roofing, siding, framing I get what I can when I can. I also do computer building, repair, trouble shooting and webdesign. (tidewaterpcrepair.com) which so far has produced pretty much nothing for an income. lol

After moving here when my Mother passed I had to cut wood in order to keep this place warm we have a Old Sedly wood furnace, I since then from looking aoround come to figure that some of the dead wood on my property is really beautiful and prolly worth something,, Red Oak, Holly, Sweet Gum, Maple. I have since, dabbled in cutting some up for sale on Ebay and have been getting little response for the most part but a few small sales here in there, Holly 12x12x5 for bowl blanks was getting some light but not much. There are also many small twisted gum trees I see that some folks make walking sticks/canes out of if interested let me know.

Since joining here at IAP in 3-4 days I have sold an impressive amount of pen blanks in the deals/trading section and have now signed up to post an ad in the Classified section. I appreciate the help from everyone whom purchased my blanks and gave me a general idea of what my blanks are worth, I am sure you will be more than satisfied with your purchase.

In appreciation when running the classified ad I will DONATE $1 for every blank I sell to IAP, so if you purchase a blank for 5 dollars - 1 dollar of the amount will go to IAP not including shipping. I will total weekly sales and ensure Jeff and IAP get the money. Its a friendly gesture for such a friendly community.

Again thank you all for the welcome and look for me in the Classified section!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Longfellow

Welcome

Welcome from Sunny St. Cloud, Fla. Home of beautiful Florida wood. I, too, cut pen blanks from locally salvaged wood to sell on Ebay. I use to sell here before the new classified rules were put in place. I'll never get rich doing it but at 80 living on SS and a very small pension, every little bit helps. Also keeps me off the couch and active.

PTownSubbie

Steve,

You have two different groups not far from you. You have us guys in the Hampton Roads area and the guys in the Richmond area. Both are great groups and you should remain in touch. Richmond has IAP meetings about monthly or every other month and we have meetings about 3 times or so a year.

Keep in touch! Maybe you can make a meeting or two to learn some more about what we do.

Fred

Top Bottom