From box maker to pen maker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerBean

I recently joined this wonderful forum to pursue my long term love affair with fountain pens. For the past couple years, I've been making mostly decorative wooden boxes. Before that bamboo fly rods, Kentucky rifles, custom knives, and the occasional piece of period furniture. Not to mention a few kit pens over the years.

I'm attaching a couple pictures of a recent box to store a few fountain pens. If you like boxes, you can see more of mine at RogerBean's Woodworking Projects @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community. I've not given up box making, but at the moment I am seemingly possessed with custom kitless fountain pens. I've done a couple that I'll post soon, when I work out the lighting issues causing great color variation. (I'm more a maker than a photographer!)

Roger Bean

Here's a recent box:

Attachments

• Front1.jpg
    Front1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 268
  • FrontBottlePen5.jpg
    FrontBottlePen5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 242
  • End4.jpg
    End4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Roger, I have been a silent admirer of you boxes on lumberjocks for quite a while. Stunning work to say the least. If you put as much care into your pens as you do your boxes we all will be bowing down to your greatness.

BSea

WOW, that's a great box. I also came here from another area of wood working. I think if there was a poll, many here would not even own a lathe if not for pen making. I know I wouldn't.:rolleyes:

I'm more a maker than a photographer!
That's another way you'll fit right in.:)

RogerBean

Wright:
The pen in the pic is, unfortunately, not one of mine. It's an Agatha Christie commemorative Mont Blanc. It was a birthday present from my wife to be back in 1993 and is a favorite.
Roger

Top Bottom