Heat or Celtics?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louie68

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
oh !!!!!! you MISS SPELL " CONFERENCE "
Thunder will win the Championship no doubt !!!!

Lenny

Life-long Celtic fan here! Having a brother, who is 6 years older and was obsessed with sports, I grew up listening to Johnny Most do the games on the radio back when Bill Russell, Sam and KC Jones, Hondo, etc. Few games were on tv back then. Heck back then our tv only got 1 channel. My brother would have the sports section of the newspaper open, watching the game with the sound turned down, listening to the radio and practicing his own play-by-play into a reel to reel tape deck. :biggrin:
It was only when I got to watch more games on tv that I realized Johnny Most saw (and called) the game a little different than what others might SEE! :biggrin: ... There was what was actually happening and then there was what Johnny SAID was happening!

I finally got to see them for myself in 2008, the year the "new big 3" won banner #17. Great seats close to courtside. Jo Jo White and his wife came right by us and was shaking everyone's hand.

I hope you haven't jinxed the Celtics getting to the Finals! They still have to win one more.

Assuming they do, I think the Thunder offer a pretty big challenge to them. I'd have to give the edge to the Celtics in the area of team defense, but with old friend Kendrick Perkins (who never backed down from Kevin Garnett when he played against him when KG was in Minn,) and Serge Ibaka, they have size the Celtics will have trouble matching up with. Add to that Russell Westbrook who may be one of the few guys in the league who can stay with Rondo and oh yeah there's that other kid ... the other Kevin guy ...:eek::biggrin:
I just hope we get to see it play out!

Celtics !:)

tim self

Based on past games, I choose the Celtics. OKC beat them in both games they played and watching both series, I think OKC is playing with more intensity.

nativewooder

If theres enuff gas left in the tank, the Celtics will wipe the Kewl Heat into a froth in Boston. The Celtics play much better as a "team" than the Heat ever will with the current members and owners. And I'm not so sure that the OKC outfit will match up with the Celtics, either!:biggrin:

OKLAHOMAN

Remember that the Thunder beat them both times they played them this year, Westbrook matches up well aginst Rondo, Durant will be problem match up for them. Garnet is one place that the Celtics have over the them as I think he's much more of a force than the Thunder had to face than Duncan was. And our bench matches up well against the Celtics. It will be a good series with the Thunder taking it in 6. We also have home court advantage.
If some way the Heat pull it out then the Thunder in 5:biggrin:

If theres enuff gas left in the tank, the Celtics will wipe the Kewl Heat into a froth in Boston. The Celtics play much better as a "team" than the Heat ever will with the current members and owners. And I'm not so sure that the OKC outfit will match up with the Celtics, either!:biggrin:

alamocdc

Which ever one can beat the Thunder, of course. I could not possibly pull for the team that eliminated my Spurs! ;-)

In other words, I don't really care who takes the championship now. If the Spurs aren't playing, I don't really do basketball. Now the NCAA World Series? Well, that's a different story. And all I can say is, "Roll, Tide, Roll!" (The girls won their title!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom