Have you ever turned anything larger...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Imported poll question missed, please edit

• Only Bowls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Boxes

• Only other small craft projects (whistles, wands, etc.)

• You name it I have tried it.

• There is something other than pens and bottle stoppers?

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

As a note to this , I've added a pic of a Woodworkers Mallet that I finished about a week ago . It's 11" long and 3 1/2" in diameter , made from a piece of Black Locus .

2004112343829_Mallet%20001%20small-1.jpg
<br />

PenWorks

Now that's a mallet! Yep, bigger is allways better, I say. I only turn burl cap natural edge bowls, besides turning pens. I want to turn some flutes, but never followed up. Made some nice drum sticks in all sorts of wood for my son.

tipusnr

Sorry my choice isn't there. I've turned boxes and small bowls (more like cups) and a coffee cup rack but do it only to learn how or satisfy a specific need (as in the drawer pulls I'm currently doing for my shop). I prefer pens and associated kits.

jckossoy

I've turned handles for bread knives and I just started turning Torah yads (pointers). One of my next projects is hopefully going to be a kiddush cup.

Daniel

I have turned, spidles, chair legs, goblets, toy parts, game pieces, tool handles. and can't remember the rest right off the top of my head.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Just browsing the forums, found this poll..interesting.

Bev, after seeing your post on what Santa brought you for Christmas (Talon) and then here seeing the books you are reading...it seems our paths are on a similiar line. Not long ago I purchased two books - Turning Boxes/Richard Raffan and also Miniature Birdhouses/Dick Sing...and Santa was kind and also brought me the Talon I had hoped for[8D]

Have you had a chance to try yours yet..? I am still trying to convince myself to go out in the snow/wind to get to the shop[:)]

JohnPayton

Gregory Huey

I have turned the mini bird houses. They are a lot of fun as you can let your ideas go crazy with them. I was also ask to make some replacement shaker pegs for a coat hook that was in the old Goveners mansion in Balto, MD. Bowls,Darts,Plum bobs,Xmas ornaments,Parts for broken chairs,and the list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom