Harbor Freight Lathe Owners....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Have the 10x18. I have somehow managed to get the tailstock MT insert back into the tailstock too far and it will not advance when the knob is turned. Any advice on how to get it back on track? Thanks!

Regards,
Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fastgast

I'm not sure but I think you can unscrew the tail shaft (the one with the hand wheel) all the way out and knock it out with a punch

Just to clarify -
If you mean your live center is stuck in the tail-stock quill, you should be able to use your knock-out bar if it won't self-eject.

If you mean you've backed the quill too far into the tailstock and now it won't advance back out, check to see that the quill lock is not interfering.

Just thought of another thing - ensure that the set screw on the tailstock handle is snug, and hasn't backed out, allowing the handle to spin freely around the quill. Don't overpower the set screw, it will likely strip.

mecompco

Just to clarify -
If you mean your live center is stuck in the tail-stock quill, you should be able to use your knock-out bar if it won't self-eject.

If you mean you've backed the quill too far into the tailstock and now it won't advance back out, check to see that the quill lock is not interfering.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, the quill is now inside the tailstock. I've totally removed the quill lock. Spinning the handle has no effect. Will check out the set screw and/or remove the handle today.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom