Happy wife, happy life

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Took Lyn fly-fishing today! Was hoping to be sharing some aerial video from a quadcopter, but the quad is 'sick'....so maybe next time.

She caught one as soon as she got there, and then the fish seemed to 'know'....it was a small Rainbow about 12-13 inches, but it was nice to she her having fun.

And yup, she goes into the water...none of that cheating, standing on the bank stuff for her! The water temp is typically around 52-55 degrees F!

The water is very clear...it's actually fun to be near water that isn't brown or weird red-ish color!

Scott (the dog wasn't happy today though) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Poor Quad. Happy Lyn. Poor Dog. Happy Scott.

Yup, there's more to life that what is right in front of our nose! We just need to back off and look around and appreciate what we have.

Nice Pics, and nice post Scott.

robutacion

I couldn't agree more Scott, a smile in the wife's face is priceless...!

Good pics and a beautiful clean water stream, I haven't seen one of those for some time.

I would like to have a good quadcopter with a stream live quality camera, I have no idea what one of those would cost in our days but, I would believe it will cost a lot less than when they first come up however, a quality unit will still cost a fair chunk of money, I believe...!

Thanks for sharing...!:)

Cheers
George

randywa

Where were you fishing? The water looks like it could be my neck of the woods. My guess is Spring River outside of Hardy, but Roaring River around Cassville is another maybe. I also noticed you didn't mention how long your catch was. Surely you weren't skunked :eek:.
Glad it was a god day.

SDB777

ThreeX rod, not sure with all the other stuff like tippet and such....she ties her own, she was throwing an Olive Woolly Bugger.
This is at Libby Shoals on the Little Red(about 3/4mile from Lobo Trout Lodge/Dock heading towards Pangburn from Heber Springs. She likes this spot, but the fish are all pretty small(16-24 slot, so everything pretty much goes back). There are too many places on the river that are 'fun', but the masses all know those spots(gets really crowded in some of them).
We do go to the Spring, but the people floating it are somewhat...well...a PITA(most are drunk, and most have no thoughts of wanting to be courteous to those standing in the water). We don't go there during 'warm months too much because of that. There is also the Norfolk, White, and some other trout streams, some have walleye too(big bonus, cause walleye is probably my favorite eating fish).

She did do the casting the night before Bob! And then she did her casting at the river.....took the blanks from the molds when I got home.
Even got those custom color ones done! I think she really wanted to fish!! She'll have a box for you on Monday....

Quads are not that expensive anymore George. A 'good-ish' one that can carry a Hero GoPro 3+ can be had for about a grand(I did a bit better then that on mine)...that's ready to fly. Kits that you build yourself start at around $600, and the 'heavy lifters' can go up to $30K(but those could carry IMAX type cameras).
I have a DJI F450 w/GPS and Compass(means it's really stable in flight and will 'return home' if it loses signal from the radio) and it has the H3-3D gimbal w/Hero Silver 1080 video). Wanting to get set-up for 'first person view' so I can wear goggles and fly up to .7miles away from unit!

BTW, I never touched a pole.....it was about her(no kidding, I didn't fish at all). I am happy behind a viewfinder, I think I took 280 photos and maybe 4 videos!

Scott (she is already wanting to go again) B

Top Bottom