Had another accident

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

So I though I would share so I could get ripped to shreds by you guys again on how dumb I was. Maybe a lesson learned for others

So the quick and dirty, I was asked by one of my elderly co-workers to help put a battery in his car. Done it hundreds of times. I took off my rings, put on gloves and eye protection. Yep, Forgot the watch. Watch touched the positive post for a millisecond and turned bright orange literally melting into my wrist. Luckily some guys were standing by drinking water and came and poured on my watch to cool it off. The hinges welded themselves together resulting in pair of bolt cutter to remove the watch. So now if have some very nasty third degree burns that will require skin grafts. Lucky for me I got the pleasure of going to the burn unit at Grady Hospital in Atlanta. anyone familiar with Grady knows that can be a life or death visit in its self.

Now Fire away and just for the record I have already been called a stupid DA by my bride

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

I have always wore a cloth velcro watch band for that very reason. I saw it happen to a cousin of mine.

And Grady hospital. I went there when I was smaller. Stept on a piece of glass with no shoes on. Ooouch!!

I know how to spell stepped. For all the scholars. Its a southern thang.:biggrin:

Last edited:

CREID

Hey, everyone makes mistakes. I don't think anyone is going to rip you. You will be alright, that is the important thing. You know what you did, and you won't do it again. Take care.

bobleibo

You've already heard from the important people, yourself and your wife. The lesson is a good one and sure made me think a bit about things I sometimes get pretty complacent about. We can never have too many reminders. Hope you heal up fast.
Cheers
Bob

robutacion

You will have no nasty remarks from me, and accident is just that...!

On the other hand, we all should think of the number of times we got away from being hurt, and the dozens of occasions where he didn't think twice about any consequences, we were so lucky...! unfortunately, some people don't get away things like these so happen to the best...!

Hope you recover well and fast, burns are never an easy thing to deal with...!

Cheers
George

reddwil

We all tend to get complacent in all aspects of our daily lives. It's amazing how fast something can wrong and much damage can be done. Life lessons for sure.

stonepecker

Go and sit in the "Dead Animals Room" and think about your next hunting trip. OR
Go there and get ready for a fishing trip. Relax.

An accident is just that. Happens to all of us in some degree. Hope that you heal completely and that it never happens again. Either to you or to the rest of us, now that we have been warned.

jttheclockman

I too wish you a speedy recovery. There is more to this story than you told but it is a lesson learned I am sure. Get well soon. I am guessing you will either be wearing your watch on the other hand or do as so many people have and done away with watches and use the cell phone. :)

reddwil

I too wish you a speedy recovery. There is more to this story than you told but it is a lesson learned I am sure. Get well soon. I am guessing you will either be wearing your watch on the other hand or do as so many people have and done away with watches and use the cell phone. :)

Nope that's pretty much the story. I just left out the part where i was yelling like a little girl and using a lot of improper language. I'm to old school, I got to have a watch on, feel naked with it. Its hard to wear it on my right arm, doesn't feel right

Curly

I empathize with having hairy bits but if you are anything like most guys and I, you don't have any hair on top. Perhaps they can take the graft for the wrist from there and put your hairy skin on top. ;)

Charlie_W

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. A good lesson for us all!
I hope you heal quickly.

The last few posts had us rolling on the floor!.....Wifey said there used to be an administrator in our county school system whose name was Harry Butt !!!...no lie!
Still chuckling over what a butt hair to scalp graft would look like :eek:

farmer

Skin grafts

OUCH, Kent hope you heal quickly..

Thanks David. Surgery is Wednesday morning. They said they could take the skin from my back, Butt or inner thigh. Either way I'm gonna have a hairy wrist :)

Walk in the park, I done a few skin grafts , replaced peoples faces , general body work . make up, wiring, staples, studs . pumped there blood out :eek:

I never had one complaint :wink:

I do house calls :doctor:

reddwil

Surgery went well, took a little longer because of the burn depth. Took the skin from my outer thigh. Feels like a bad sunburn. But all is great and I didn't have to stay in the hospital. Now I get to sit on my tail for a week and do nothing but watch TV. I please ask for prayers that I don't kill my my darling wife out of boredom. Her exact words were"if I catch you anywhere near that shop, I will cut you manhood parts off" almost exact words, she used another word for manhood.

Thanks for all the well wishes and PM's. Means a lot

Charlie_W

Kent,
I also am glad it went well and wish for a speedy and complete recovery!

You have a most wonderful wife! She looks after you and knows how to get your attention!.....Listen to her!

Top Bottom