Group Buys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Are they prohibited among IAP suppliers?

my 30 months on the forum, I have never came across one.

Thanks for reading.

Much Peace,

Tony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
We just had a Group Buy on smocks a couple of months ago. Yes they are allowed. If you want to establish one, contact the Group Buy Coordinator Monty.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Not sure what you mean by "prohibited among IAP suppliers". Anyone can run one from any supplier as log as they adhere to the guidelines. The guidelines are here to help anyone avoid pitfalls that some people had previously.
PM me if you have any questions..

Last edited:

TonyL

I just never saw one where the IAP suppliers were one of the sellers involved in the GB. Perhaps I have not been a member long enough or I missed them. Thanks for the reply and making yourself available to support.

Skie_M

I recall a while back that they had a group buy of the Great Palace Vine pen kits and such ... that was hosted by one of the IAP suppliers! :) http://www.penturners.org/forum/f218/great-palace-vine-preprod-now-134095/ It looks like it was hosted more through their own subforum rather than through the group buy subforum, but I think it was an excellent deal. It's too bad these pens were way out of my price range at the time! One of these days, I'm going to try out one of those "Trust Smitty" package deals, I hear those are awesome too!

There were also recent group buys (within the past year and a half I've been here) for: smocks, metric tap and die sets (2 start, 3 start), bog oak blanks, and the latest one that's currently going is one where someone's buying mass quantities of dowel hinge pins from china at huge discount to parcel out...

The participants of that last one (I'm one of them) are kinda already set, though someone may back out before he gets them in and asks for the payments.

You just need to keep an eye on the group buy subforum in order to get in on these deals! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom