GLOAT....New Toys! now what do i do with it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Just had to post my new toys. Im always seeing everyone's gloats feeling envious and then my wife went and bought me these for an anniversary gift. I was telling her how cool these cartridge pens are so she got me a vibrating tumbler to clean my brass. Then she watches me always painting my tubes and trying not to scratch the paint off when glueing so she bought me a powder coat kit. Im happy, but now I have to learn how to use them. Any pointer appreciated. Yea, theyre online photos from harbor freight, but their pictures look better than mine. :)

Attachments

• powder coat.jpg
    powder coat.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 128
  • tumbler.jpg
    tumbler.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HawksFeather

I have tumbled a case or two. Did the tumbler come with treated media, untreated media, or no media? It is really simple in that you place your cases in the tumbler with media and let it run. I have tried many of the treated medias that are available and have found this one from Sinclair to be the one that I like the best. http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/8192/s I assume you are using new brass and this media will make it shine even better with only a short time in the tumbler. If you are using fired brass it will take longer depending on the amount of build up on the case. I tumbled some for a shooter that had fired his cases quite a few times (no signs of stretching or cracks so they were O.K. to reload) that took almost a full day. I will not run the tumbler that long at one time so I have mine plugged into a timer like you use for night lights, etc. That way I can have it run about 4 hours, shut down for an hour, run again, etc.

If you have more questions, just ask,

Jerry

jttheclockman

John

Nice set of tools. I have that gun and it works great. I do not have the tumbler. I just polish my brass on a polishing wheel with some green polish compound from HF. As far as suggestions, there is a ton of info in the library and that is where I learned my techniques. Look at Rick's tutorials. Very well done. You too can turn out these with very little effort.

cartridgepengoodone-1.jpg

JohnU

Thanks guys. Im hoping to get some use out of both soon. I have to get some clear for the gun to coat the brass and then im in business. I hope...

bitshird

after powdercoating a piece be sure to touch the tip of the gun to your ground to discharge the capacitor, DO NOT touch the rack or part before this, you will get an Afro Hair do like it or not. That and several things will get quite stiff, but nothing you can enjoy, DAMHIKT. after you're finished spraying get your foot off the switch and just touch the ground clip with the tip of the gun then move your rack to the oven, use the same procedure to turn the spray rack, or use a wooden dowel to turn it with,

Top Bottom