Carbide inserts cheap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

So if the decoder ring is right for a round with 30 degree relief angle we would need an RGG as the first three letters?

The show an RGGM2004MO HTI20T qty of 10 left.

No clue what that works out to as I went blank after the third character.

KenV

For $11.00 plus mailing cost you can get a round one that really works from Ken Ferrell. The square, and shallow arc version cost less.

Most inserts are designed for machining metals -- and have less success with wood and such.

Making a bar out of cold rolled steel to hold the insert is not a huge task, but you can lose a lot of potential savings purchasing the wrong inserts and buying lessons on purchasing carbide inserts.

bitshird

Jim Thanks for that link, I found inserts for my valenite holders at 25% the cost of valenite. not a lot but man saving 8 to 10 bucks per insert is good. now if the quality is decent WOOOPEEE, wish they had some good stuff with high shear.

Jim Thanks for that link, I found inserts for my valenite holders at 25% the cost of valenite. not a lot but man saving 8 to 10 bucks per insert is good. now if the quality is decent WOOOPEEE, wish they had some good stuff with high shear.

I ordered some TNMG stuff and it is decent quality, Just trying to help you guys out, JTS shipping is kind of slow but for me it was worth the wait. If anyone is local to me and wants to root through my inserts I have about 50Lbs of new carbide inserts that don't fit my tool-holders(round,square,triangular, big ,small etc.), a guy I know sold them to me CHEAP so I grabbed them up, I'm willing to share the wealth if anyone needs them.

el_d

Very cool of you Jim, Now dont get trampled in the stampede. :eek:

I read your other post about the TNMG cermet and was wondering if you would have a sugestion for round and diamond? I have been trying to figure out which would could be used and have come up with:

35 deg diamond
VBMT331
VBMT332

Round
RCMT 43
RCMT 1204

Got no experience with any insert so a suggestion would be appreciated. what type of set screw would be needed also? Thanks.

Very cool of you Jim, Now dont get trampled in the stampede. :eek:

I read your other post about the TNMG cermet and was wondering if you would have a sugestion for round and diamond? I have been trying to figure out which would could be used and have come up with:

35 deg diamond
VBMT331
VBMT332

Round
RCMT 43
RCMT 1204

Got no experience with any insert so a suggestion would be appreciated. what type of set screw would be needed also? Thanks.

That depends on what you are using them for, This chart should help you sort out the different types. All carbide inserts will cut wood and the possibilities are endless. http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-insert-d.htm

el_d

Thanks Jim, I bookmarked the site. Will be trying with wood and Acrylic. MY usual not any SS anytime soon but your stuff makes me wanna learn.:biggrin:

Would the chart be the same with the cermets also???

Thanks Jim, I bookmarked the site. Will be trying with wood and Acrylic. MY usual not any SS anytime soon but your stuff makes me wanna learn.:biggrin:

Would the chart be the same with the cermets also???

Yup, Cermets follow the same rules, carbide is cheaper than cermet and a carbide insert will last a LONG time cutting soft material's like wood and acrylic. Cermets will last even longer but the cost may be prohibitive.

Top Bottom