Gents/Jr Gents pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlindholm70

Is CSUSA the only place to get the Gents and Jr Gents pen kits? What about the Baron pen kits, is the Berea/Arizona Silhoutte site the only place to get these, besides the Woodcraft version? It just kills me that I have to order a few kits from Penn State, then some from Berea, then even others from CSUSA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldimick

Yes. Me too. It seems like I can't just buy a few kits. I end up buying enough to get a discount and then I end up with a few extra odds and ends kits. So now I am trying to mix and match some parts.[B)]

Mikey

The JR gent V1 is about the same as the Baron with the difference being the very front of the pen that is plated. On the Baron, it is 6 sided, while on the Jr Gent V1 it is round. Tubes are the same on both kits. Having said that, the V1 is discontinued and the V2 is actually a larger pen.

If you can, wait for the group buys and sales that appear on the AS, and CSUSA sites. I have not paid full price for a pen kit in a long while because I manage to get them through the methods used above. plus, when ordering 11 kits, you normally get a really decent discount anayway. If you can, order extra tubes so you can turn blanks before you have the pens. Depending on whta they look like with figure, you will be able to better decide what platings to order on the next order.

wayneis

I guess that I don't understand the problem here, I mean all of these Companies use Priority Mail so all you have to do is sell one pen to pay off the shipping and handleing charges for three orders and some extra to boot.

We need the three Companies in my opinion to keep them all on their toes and get new products coming out and prices down.

Wayne

Dario

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />I guess that I don't understand the problem here, I mean all of these Companies use Priority Mail so all you have to do is sell one pen to pay off the shipping and handleing charges for three orders and some extra to boot.

We need the three Companies in my opinion to keep them all on their toes and get new products coming out and prices down.

Wayne

You missed the problem Wayne...some of us hardly sell pens, hard as we try. [B)][V]

I sold a few this Christmas...order was 13 7mm Euro in Buckeye burl and the price was $25.00 each. I also sold a 3 TN Gold Cigar in Amboyna for $35.00 each and a couple of TN Gold Perfect fit in Cherry burl for $40.00. All are either CA or lacquer finished.

While I can't complain I didn't get as much as I hoped for either. BTW, that is about 75% of my sales last year. [V]

Dario

Jay,

I hear you...in my attempt to keep my cost down, I joined group buys, sponsored group buys, bought direct but in bulk, etc. Now I have 300+ kits at home, most of them are TN Gold or Platinum and some of them are not cheap too (i.e. Emperor, Gents, Jr. Gents, Jr. Statesman, PF, Sierra, etc.) [:D]

For sure I'll have lots of money if I can sell these all as pens...that is a big IF [:D]

jlindholm70

So far, I haven't tried selling any pens. They have all been gifts or my own pens. This is a hobby for me and I'd like to keep it that way for now. I also build fishing rods and between the two, I can stay out of the wifes way most of the time. I understand the need for competition between companies, it's healthy and the American way. I just want it all!!!!

jkoehler

i just wish the higher end kits were cheaper. right now i cant afford the kits. i know if you want quality, you have to pay higher.
i have been tempted to get one just to try. but, then you have to buy the busihings and drill bits, ....
so. i guess i for now, i am stuck using what some call the inferior PSI kits. ( which i have no complaints with and the people that i have sold to seem happy with )

Rudy Vey

There is a good way to avoid three suppliers: just buy from one or two!!
Pretty much all my kits come from Berea, with the exception of the Baron, which I buy from AS. I occasionally buy CSUSA kits and do not buy PSI. One has to made some decisions when you do serious pen turning and want to sell your products. What I like is the more rigid "B" mandrel from Berea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom